Double flageolet in D
5 keys. Boxwood in 4 pieces with ivory ferrules and studs. Body: Two pipes, head joint and wind cap. (ivory beak mouthpiece missing). Five silver keys with square flaps (flap design F ) mounted on raised blocks and rings with spring attached by rivets to the underside of the key. Two silver cutters mounted on raised blocks (springs hidden from view).
Bainbridge & Wood [Corporation]
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on Wind cap: “BAINBRIDGE / INVENTOR / HOLBORN / HILL / LONDON / PATENT”|Stamped on Head joint: (crown motif) / “BAINBRIDGE / & WOOD / 35 / HOLBORN / HILL / LONDON / PATENT” and next to right hand pipe cutter shank: [motif: cross]|stamped above left hand thumb key: “D”|stamped next to each finger hole on left hand pipe: “B1”, “A2”, “G3”, “F4 / PATENT”, “E5”, “D6”|stamped above right hand thumb key: “B”|stamped next to each finger hole on right hand pipe: “B1”, “A2”, “G3”, “F4 / PATENT”, “E5”, “D6”
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:
- Repository:Birmingham Conservatoire
- Measurements:365mm without beak mouthpiece, 193mm each of lower joints.