Clarinet in C
11 Keys. 4 sections of boxwood and mouthpiece of dark wood. Mouthpiece: c.71mm (tip broken); barrel: 62mm (including metal tuning slide); upper joint: 190.5mm; lower joint: 229.5mm; bell: 98.8mm. Metal tuning sleeve between barrel and upper joint. 11 brass keys with round salt spoon style flaps. 9 mounted on raised blocks and rings, Low F sharp / C sharp; low E / B natural patent keys mounted on brass saddles. The ‘patent’ stamped on middle joint may be the trill link key.
Goulding & Co [Corporation]
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on Barrel and Top joint: (motif: crown) / “GOULDING & CO”|Stamped at the top of the Middle joint: “WOOD’S / PATENT” (this probably refers to the trill link)|Stamped at foot of the Middle joint (motif: crown) / “GOULDING”|Stamped on Barrel: (motif: crown) / (motif: feathers) / ”GOULDING & D’ALMAINE / SOHO SQUARE / LONDON”|stamped on the low F sharp / c sharp key: “WOOD’S”|stamped on the low E / B natural key: “PATENT”
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:
- Repository:Birmingham Conservatoire
- Measurements:514mm total length not including mouthpiece.