Single leg rattle made of two dried gourds (Lagenaria siceraria) mounted on a wooden rod. Twine cord attached to the ends of the rod is used to attach the rattle to the leg. This instrument was donated by Christopher Timbe of the Zimbabwe College of Music, in Harare.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Gourd surface has irregular burned spots/marks overall.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:112.13 Vessel rattles
- Repository:Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Measurements:Length: 220mm. Gourd diameter: 110mm