Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Ivory; 4 sections; silver key; 4 silver ferrules plus cap; small circular embouchure-hole with slight notch in it. Keymount type: ring; SATK. Keyhead type: flat square, notched and chamfered. Repair History: Originally SATB; key may be a replacement; embouchure and finger-holes very worn, and may have been altered to raise the pitch of the instrument.
1716 - p1752, probably p1720 - c1750
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15787