Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Dark-stained wood; 4 sections; silver key; 2 turned and decorated wide ivory ferrules and ivory cap; ivory bushed circular embouchure-hole; slim silver ferrule on foot; finger-holes slightly larger than on (11). Keymount type: ring; SATK. Keyhead type: flat spade-shaped. Repair History: Originally SATB; keymount roughly repaired with sealing wax; foot is perhaps from another flute, with a different style of ferrule, and key is a replacement; ivory ferrules may be 18th century replacements.
1716 - p1752, probably p1720 - c1750
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16032