Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Ivory; 4 sections; silver key; 4 silver ferrules plus cap; small circular embouchure-hole; elegant design. Keymount type: ring; SATK. Keyhead type: flat square, engraved with initials. Repair History: The head is not original, but probably contemporary.
1731 - c1753 or 1758-67
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17242