Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Boxwood; 4 sections; brass key; 4 ivory ferrules plus cap; circular embouchure-hole. Keymount type: ring; SATK. Keyhead type: flat square, notched and chamfered. Repair History: Key is probably a replacement; upper body has been shortened at both ends and is now at least 7mm shorter than it originally was (cf. workshop drawing, Beaudin, 1987); embouchure hole may have been enlarged.
Ante 1741 - a1776
Villars, Paul [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14984