Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Boxwood; 4 sections; silver key; 4 ivory ferrules and large ivory cap; circular embouchure-hole. Keymount type: ring; SATK. Keyhead type: flat square, curved to fit contours of instrument and seated almost flush with surface. Repair History: Embouchure-hole enlarged, probably at a later date.
Ante1738 - 1816, probably late 18th century - 1816
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15188