Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Boxwood; 5 sections; silver keys; 7 silver ferrules; ivory cap and ferrule at foot; metal-lined head; tuning-slide; screw-stopper; large oval embouchure-hole; overlapping low C/C♯ touches; attractive grain. Keymount type: knob. Keyhead type: saltspoon on body, pewter plugs and metal key-hole surrounds on foot.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.2 Partly-stopped side-blown flutes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:652 (without cap).
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18439