Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Cocus; 3 sections (head, body, extension); german silver keys; 3 german silver ferrules plus ferrule at foot; bulbous ivory cap; oval embouchure-hole; small finger-holes; foot end blocked with removable wooden extension (forming end of walking stick), but two extra holes bored near end of flute to act as open end of tube; saltspoon keytouches. Keymount type: cross F key set into raised knot of wood, the other keys set flush with body as far as possible, with pins inserted into main body of tube. Keyhead type: round, curved to fit body.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.2 Partly-stopped side-blown flutes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:880.Embouchure to foot without extension inserted: 586.Embouchure to end of closed tube when extension inserted: 565.Embouchure to centre of farther extra hole: 562.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16257