French flageolet. Nominal pitch: A.
Technical description: Rosewood; 4 sections; german silver keys and ferrules; ivory mouthpiece; 8 keys, 5 rings; 4 finger-holes, 2 thumb-holes; keys for R4 provide an extension to low G♯ and low G; two-part wind-cap; attachment for music card holder, or perhaps for hook for R3 to support instrument. L0: T. L1: E ring, connected to vent hole cover between L1 and L2; speaker key. L2: D ring, connected to vent hole cover between L1 and L2. L3: F/additional speaker key. L4: B♭. R0: C♯ ring; D♯. R1: B ring, connected to vent hole cover; trill keys (2). R2: A ring, connected to vent hole cover. R3: [support]. R4: low G♯; low G. Keymount type: rod/pillar. Keyhead type: cup.
Second half of the 19th century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15244