Treble recorder. Nominal pitch: F.
Technical description: Boxwood stained dark brown; 3 sections; 7 finger-holes plus thumb-hole, slight undercutting; curved, fairly narrow windway. Repair History: Wax for tuning in upper finger-holes added by Frans Brüggen, 1969.
1670-1750, probably c1720
Van Heerde [Family]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17469