Technical description: A wooden barrel drum suspended by rings on a four-footed cross-frame; two heads nailed on with large amount of small nails; flat bottom. Head diameter 340; overall diameter 445; circumference 1400.
Circa 1770 - c1810
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.222.1-7 Individual double-skin barrel drums with membrane nailed to drum
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.222.1-7 Individual double-skin barrel drums with membrane nailed to drum
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:height including stand 565, without stand 350.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15681