Technical description: Wooden frame, with leather faces on either side fastened with hammered metal studs; resembles a discus.
Probably mid 19th century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.312-7 Double-skin frame drums without handle with membrane nailed to drum
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.312-7 Double-skin frame drums without handle with membrane nailed to drum
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:diameter 220.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16499