Technical description: Heavy circular hard wood body in 6 sections; head nailed on. Diameter of head 280; depth of frame 62; circumference at top 881, at bottom 865.
Probably mid 19th century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.311-7 Single-skin frame drums without handle with membrane nailed to drum
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.311-7 Single-skin frame drums without handle with membrane nailed to drum
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:diameter 280.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17766