Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Stained boxwood; 4 sections; [brass key]; no additional ferrules; oval embouchure-hole. Keymount type: ring. Keyhead type: [flat square]. Repair History: Tape wrapped round lower body socket and crack filled; key-hole blocked with tape.
Early 19th Century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:591 (without cap).
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17782