Baritone or tenor flugelhorn. Nominal pitch: 8-ft C.
Technical description: Brass with german silver ferrules and valve mechanism; no garland. Bell-forward wrap. The bore profile, with a marked expansion in the first half of the tube, could be considered to be that of a flugel horn. It is not known what name would have been used for this instrument by its maker or original users. R1: 1st valve: one semitone. R2: 2nd valve: two semitones. R3: 3rd valve: three semitones. Valve type: 3 rotary valves, lever operated with drum springs.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:length 510; bell c215.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16340