Natural cornet or post-horn. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Brass. Two coils, bugle form. Ligature tuning with binding screw at mouthpipe, overall length of tuning shank 75.5. Receives cornet mouthpiece. Ring for attachment of chain to mouthpiece.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:280; bell 116.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16067