Coach horn. Nominal pitch: 3Â¼-ft E♭.
Technical description: Straight; copper with fixed mouthpiece of german silver; external diameter 23.3; semi-flat rim contour; maximum bite curvature c1.0; cup diameter 14.2; conical cup shape; cup depth 12; maximum throat curvature c16; bore minimum diameter 4.1. There is 220mm of german silver tubing below the mouthpiece.
Late 19th Century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:length 987; bell 103.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17140