Post-horn. Nominal pitch: 4½-ft B♭.
Technical description: Brass. Two coils (five straight close parallel yards); fixed mouthpiece; no tuning facility. Mouthpiece of brass; external diameter 22.8; round rim contour; maximum bite curvature 1.5; cup diameter 15.3; conical cup shape with smoothly blended throat; cup depth c15; bore minimum diameter 4.7.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:348 (including mouthpiece); bell 73.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16335