Hunting horn. Nominal pitch: 12-in C.
Technical description: Straight; copper. With metal reed; can be played by lip or blown to sound reed - same note is produced. Fixed mouthpiece of brass; external diameter 24.3; narrow medium rim contour; maximum bite curvature 1.5; cup diameter 16.5; hemispherical cup shape; cup depth 8; maximum throat curvature c6; bore minimum diameter 5.6 (but note that the reed insert reduces the throat area considerably).
T. Callow and Son
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:Length 267; bell 52.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17617