Serpent. Nominal pitch: 8-ft C.
Technical description: Wood with leather binding; ivory finger-hole bushes; brass stays, bell mount, crook receiver mount and crook; 6 finger-holes, placed for right hand held under tube. Repair History: 3 keys formerly present removed and holes bound over.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213 Labrosones with fingerholes, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213 Labrosones with fingerholes, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:length 733.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17871