Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Ebony; 5 sections; silver keys; 6 ivory ferrules; graduated screw-stopper; metal-lined head; graduated, ebony-covered tuning-slide; key-holes metal-lined; slightly oval, medium-sized embouchure-hole; overlapping low C/C♯ touches. Keymount type: ring/knob. Keyhead type: pewter plug, with metal-lined key-holes.
Ante 1807 - 1827
Kauffman, Andrew [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:651 (without cap).
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18555