Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Boxwood; 4 sections; silver key; 4 wide ivory ferrules plus cap; large oval embouchure-hole; fat head, with slightly different style ferrules and no maker's mark, possibly from another flute. Keymount type: ring, with metal-lined channel; SATK. Keyhead type: flat square, notched and chamfered.
Ante1738 - 1816, probably late 18th century - 1816
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17622