Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Ivory; 5 sections; silver keys; 6 decorated silver ferrules; metal tuning-slide; no extension from tuning-slide section, which is metal-lined; graduated screw-stopper; slightly oval embouchure-hole; overlapping low C/C♯ touches. Keymount type: ring/knob. Keyhead type: flat round.
Ante 1807 - 1827
Kauffman, Andrew [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18600