Animal horn. Nominal pitch: 17-in G.
Technical description: Light coloured horn curved in two planes, with german-silver mounts and mouthpiece of ivory attached by pins; external diameter 28.2; flat rim contour; maximum bite curvature 0.75; cup diameter 19.5; hemispherical cup shape with sharp-edged throat; cup depth 13; bore minimum diameter 3.0.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:length 335; bell 97.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18527