Post-horn. Nominal pitch: 3½-ft D.
Technical description: Glass. One-piece; with integral mouthpiece; no tuning facility. Mouthpiece external diameter 25.6; narrow round rim contour; maximum bite curvature 1.5; cup diameter 19.5; cuspoid cup shape; cup depth c23; bore minimum diameter at c25mm from proximal end, 3.7.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:length 1090 (including mouthpiece); bell 107.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15109