Technical description: Wooden case. Front with mock pipes and green cloth. Handle, two bellows and reservoir. 14 wooden flue pipes, square section stopped flutes; 14 metal flue pipes, circular section open flutes; triangle. 3 stops. Three barrels, two of which at any time can be stored in base; each with ten tunes: (barrel a): National Waltz; Neapolitan Waltz; Waterloo Waltz; Hungarian Waltz; Swiss Waltz; Tyrolese Waltz; Highland Laddie; Kitty o Lynch; Isle of France; Chatsworth House; (barrel b): Escape Dance; Belle Vue Dance; The Lyre; Don Pedro; The Return; Domin ? Sampson; The Request; The Lancers; Fairy Queen; White Cockade; (barrel c): Morning Hymn; Evening Hymn; 100th Psalm; God Save the King; Rule Britannia; Oh! Nanny; Copenhagen Waltz; Pandean Dance; Capt. Wyke; New May Moon.
H. Bevington (?)
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.222.11-9 Mechanically driven sets of open flutes with internal duct without fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.222.11-9 Mechanically driven sets of open flutes with internal duct without fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:length 502, width 349, height (without base) 729 plus base, height 329.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16330