Helicon. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Brass. Water-key. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, bottom-sprung; alignment by key on piston. Repair History: One bottom valve cap a replacement. New main tuning-slide made by A.K.F. Wilson 1982. Mouthpipe has a tuning bit soldered in, probably not an original feature.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:1184; coil diameter 770 approx; bell 386.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14882