27-inch bass drum.
Technical description: Design identical to (3809). Aluminium shell; 8 double tension rods; shell and both heads can be dismantled and folded for easy transport. A red line is clearly painted inside at one tension point, one tension lug on each hoop also shows red paint; these are aligned for correct assembly. Repair History: One skin (attached to the hoop with the spurs) appears to be a replacement since the edge of the vellum is cut unevenly.
Probably Charles Boyle
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18059