Hunting horn. Nominal pitch: 12-in C.
Technical description: Straight; copper with brass mounts. Long mouthpiece mount (more than one third of instrument). Integral mouthpiece of brass; external diameter 25.8; round rim contour; maximum bite curvature 2.5; cup diameter 16.3; conical cup shape with sharp-edged throat; cup depth 11; bore minimum diameter 4.5.
J. Köhler and Son
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:Length 260; bell diameter 58 - 59.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18092