B♭ flute ('tenor'). Nominal pitch: A♭.
Technical description: Boxwood; 4 sections; brass keys; 4 ivory ferrules plus ivory cap; graduated screw-stopper; slightly oval embouchure-hole; small finger-holes; F key-hole on far side. L0: B♭. L1: T. L2: T. L3: T. L4: G♯. R1: T; C. R2: T. R3: T; F. R4: D♯. Keymount type: ring/knob. Keyhead type: flat square. Repair History: C key appears to have been added: its mounts have been added, rather than carved from body as those for other keys are.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18247