Side drum, guards pattern.
Technical description: Brass shell; 3 iron feet rope tension; 10 buffs; drag rope; 8 gut snares. 14-inch heads. Repair History: Brass shell appears to have been modified with internal wooden central hoop and axial, wooden strips, plus internal hoops at top and bottom of drum (these overlay the original maker's label). Modern self-tapping chromed screws fitted through shell at one position. Snare tension retained by plastic-coated wire, not original. Hoops, drag rope and felt pads not original.
Henry Potter & Co [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18252