Technical description: Lowest finger-hole offset to the right; two sound-holes placed diametrically on the front and back of the chanter wall. Drone with two sections. The chanter and drone are set in two decoratively turned stocks joined with an air inlet pipe at the top and a dowel at the bottom and bound together with wire. Blowpipe stock set in the side of the bag for a set of bellows. Light hardwood stained and polished, horn mounted. Red velvet bag cover closed under the neck with 5 pearl buttons.
18th or early 19th century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.112+422.211.1-62 Conical double-reed chanter + cylindrical single-reed drone; flexible air reservoir
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112+422.211.1-62 Conical double-reed chanter + cylindrical single-reed drone; flexible air reservoir
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:Chanter 354; drone 304; blowpipe stock 120.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16394