Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Stained boxwood; 4 sections; brass key; 4 ivory ferrules plus cap; large oval embouchure-hole; roughly-cut finger-holes on upper body. Keymount type: ring; SATK. Keyhead type: flat square. Repair History: Upper body has no maker's mark and is possibly a short replacement for playing at a higher pitch; embouchure altered.
Ante 1777 - p1795
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17655