Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭.A.
Technical description: Brass. Leadpipe enters 3rd valve casing at the right; 3rd valve loop leaves from 15° left of front and returns to 15° left of front; bellpipe exits 1st valve casing at the left. With double water-key with single touchpiece; with fitting for music card holder. With Besson alternative tuning-slide incorporating a quick-change valve giving B♭ - A. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, top-sprung with spring outside stem; alignment by key on piston. Repair History: Alternative main tuning-slide with quick-change an addition.
Post 1900, probably c1910
Thibouville-Lamy, Jérôme [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:319; bell 118.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15893