Hunting horn. Nominal pitch: 12-in C.
Technical description: Straight; copper with wire insert in the bell rim and cornet-type fixed mouthpiece of silver-plated brass (external diameter 25.3; round rim contour; maximum bite curvature 1.75; cup diameter 16.0; deep intermediate, almost conical, cup shape with smoothly blended throat; cup depth 16; bore minimum diameter 4.3).
Henry Keat & Sons
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:258; bell 55.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17016