Tandem horn. Nominal pitch: 3Â¼-ft E.
Technical description: Straight; copper with german silver sheath covering upper body. With integral mouthpiece of brass; external diameter 25.5; flat rim contour; maximum bite curvature 1.0; cup diameter 16.4; funnel cup shape with smoothly blended throat; cup depth c16; bore minimum diameter 4.5.
Late 19th Century
Köhler & Son [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:907; bell 65.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18073