Tenor trombone. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass. With two alternative tuning-slides (for high pitch and low pitch). Screwed bell lock at joint, slide lock. Short stockings at lower end of main slides, guide supports and removable bushes at upper end of outer slides (a simpler form of bush than that described in Hutchison's patent specification); slide length 760. With water-key.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:1122 with high pitch m.t.s.; bell 154.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15666