Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Long model, german silver, with garland; fixed mouthpipe. The bore profile of this model is similar to a cornopean in that there is a wide minimum bore with no expansion through the valves and main-tuning-slide, however here the expanding section of the bore starts c50mm before the mid-length point. Valve type: Three side-action Allen valves (with flattened windways to give a narrow valve with fast action) and side-action touchpieces connected to the valve spindles by string; helical springs.
Hall and Quinby
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Boston/Massachusetts/United States of America
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:415 without mouthpiece; bell 124.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17396