Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Black varnished boxwood with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Unstamped mouthpiece with german silver rails and table. Plate on the thumb-hole connected with a vent in order to improve the intonation of throat F♯. Ingenious speaker mechanism. Alternative touchpiece for C♯₄/G♯₅. End pivoted F₃/C₅. 12keys, 1 plate, 2rings, 2rollers. L0: Plate; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T. L3: T; E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; side F₄/C₆; side trill key for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C; alternative touchpiece C♯₄/G♯₅. R2: T + spectacle. R3: T + spectacle; side B♮₃/F♯₅. R4: F₃/C₅; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: shallow cups.
Dal Secco, Angelo
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:573; 641 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14697