Clarinet. Nominal pitch: A.
Technical description: Ebonite with german silver ferrules and keywork. Four pieces: mouthpiece [probably original], barrel, one-piece body, bell. Straight speaker, no tube in thumb-hole. Articulated C♯₄/G♯₅, opened by L4 and L4 bascule lever, closed by R1 (Clinton system). Barret action. R1 and R2 tone-holes covered. Boehm keys for L4 and R4. 16keys, 3rings, 2covered tone-holes. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T + ring; throat A♭. L3: T + ring; cross E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅; G♯₃/E♭₅. R1: Plate; Barret action (F₄/C₆; E♭₄/B♭₅) side trill keys 1-2. R2: Plate + spectacle. R3: T + spectacle (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅; F♯₃/C♯₅; E₃/B♮₄. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern.
February 1904 - 1912, probably 1907
Boosey & Co [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:641, 711 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16226