Signal horn. Nominal pitch: 4-ft C.
Technical description: Straight; brass, with ligature joint in middle of stem. Ligature tuning at mouthpipe, tenon length 85. Mouthpiece receiver is almost parallel, unlike the external taper of the original mouthpiece. Two rings for suspended banner.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:1167, tuning-slide in.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15679