Flugelhorn. Nominal pitch: 4½-ftB♭.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass. Ligature tuning at mouthpipe. Tuning shank (not original): length of slide portion 102. Valve type: 3 rotary valves. Repair History: The tuning mouthpipe is a replacement or altered.
Mid 20th Century
V. Kohlert's Söhne [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:447; bell 151.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14936