Side drum, guards pattern.
Technical description: Brass frame; wooden counter-hoops; skin heads; rope tensioning with leather buffs; 3 feet attached to top (batter head) counter-hoop; 6 gut snares. 14-inch heads. Repair History: Snare strainer and snares are replacements.
Possibly mid 20th century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14560