Post-horn. Nominal pitch: 6-ft F.
Technical description: Brass. Circular form; four coils; no tuning facility. One tone-hole at about 1240mm from mouthpiece. With the hole covered, the instrument stands in F; use of the finger-hole allows the instrument to play diatonic scale in B♭.
1885 - p1897
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.212 Labrosones with fingerholes with (narrow) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.212 Labrosones with fingerholes with (narrow) conical bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:268 (mouthpipe to edge of bell); corpus diameter 142; bell 120.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16033