30-inch bass drum.
Technical description: Wooden shell and hoops, rod tensioning with twelve T-bar handles on each side. Nickel-plated fittings. Trap door in shell with sprung hinge. Repair History: Break in one counter-hoop has been repaired with glue.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15174