Cornet de poste or cornet simple. Nominal pitch: C etc.
Technical description: Brass. Circular form. Pitched in C with crooks for (a) B? and (b) F. The tuning-slide allows the instrument to play in B? or A. The classical post-horn without valves or finger-hole.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22-4
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:271 (mouthpipe to bell rim); corpus diameter 155; bell 109.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18442