Ophicleide. Nominal pitch: 8-ft C.
Technical description: Brass, with plated crook (one and a quarter coils). Crook length excluding tenon 680. No overlapping keys. L0: D. L1: B. L2: C♯. L3: E♭. R0: E; alt G♯. R1: B♭. R2: A; G♯. R3: G. R4: F♯; F. Keyhead type: Cup keys for stuffed pads. Repair History: One key repaired, 1991.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:1083; bell 203.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16037