Technical description: Metal frame and counter-hoops; single hole in side of shell above snare tensioning mechanism; skin heads; screwed rod tensioning. 8 gut snares of one continuous length of gut; snare tensioning adjustment has three pulleys on a screwed rod, fixed side of snare mount consists of four pulleys on a rod. Belt hook loop and thigh support attached to upper and lower counter-hoops respectively. Metal components heavily silver-plated. 14½-inch heads.
1921-1925Serial number: 13544.
Boosey & Co [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17837